All activities are cancelled
St. Joseph Church has two wheelchairs available for anyone who needs assistance getting into or out of the church. A chair is located in the South entryway. (The front door we do not use). Feel free to borrow this chair if you need it.
New Guidelines and Safety Measures for physical presence at Mass #2
The first set of notes from the Governor’s “opening up” public spaces for gatherings had to do with guiding rule of six feet distance for worship and other prayer activities in a church.
This second set of notes has to do with the people who will be gathering for worship and other prayer activities in a church
1) While the Archbishop intends his “dispensation from the obligation for Sunday Mass” to continue, all those who are of able body, have had no symptoms nor have or have had contact with others having symptoms are anticipated to have physical presence at scheduled Saturday evening and Sunday Masses.
2) Provisions will be made for a six foot safety distance in the pews, in front and behind and on either side for all who are not related family members. Parishioners are free to wear face masks
while attending Mass or other prayer services. The lack of supplies prevents the parish from providing face masks.
3) Provisions will be made for a six foot safety distance between persons when there is movement during Mass or afterwards, e.g. the procession for the reception of Holy Communion, the departure at the end of the Mass, and the flow of traffic out of the church and into the parking lot (the guidelines make a special point about not mingling unless there is an available six feet of safety distance from one person to the next.
4) Who would be persons taking precautions not to be physically present for Mass
5) Because of the number of individuals, identified in a to h above, we will continue streaming/ FaceBooking the Mass with able bodied parishioners in the pews, for the foreseeable future.
You can now watch St. Joseph's Church Sunday Mass on YouTube, please remember to click red "subscribe" button to find St. Joseph's video channel any time you need. Embedded video below can be resized to full screen or watched on YouTube if needed.
REMEMBER IN OUR PRAYERS
For the sick: Kathy Ewing, Harriet Green, Sally Leyden, Jerry Martin, Wes Erhart, Christina Gonzalez, Marjorie Bauman.
*Please let us know if a person needs to be removed from our Prayer List.
We had a great Saturday! We collected over 600 lb of food today and we are over $600 in monetary donations for the food pantry. If you didn’t make it today, please stop by tomorrow from 12-4 and make a donation. We also completed our first community project thanks to Jerry Kessler, Deacon Terry, Ralph, Jim Amerine, and Carl Weiss and others who donated time, money, equipment, and material. Thanks to all who made today a success. See you tomorrow in church online and at the food drive. Knights Strong! Steve
All are welcome to join the St. Joseph’s prayer chain to offer intercessory prayers for those in need. To sign up there are two options to consider. If you would prefer to be notified via phone call, please contact Dorothy Foged at 402-253-2633 to be added. If you would prefer to be notified via text message, please text Julie Richards and type your name and “add to prayer chain” or call 402-881-2407 to be added.